Importance of Parents Super Visa Insurance
People who have their children/grandchildren settled in Canada desire to visit them and stay with them. But the visa documentation and formalities are huge. So they restrict themselves to one or two visits only. However, the launch of the Canadian Super Visa has the potential to change the game. It is a multi-entry visa and offers multiple benefits.
- The super visa medical insurance will cover the medical expenses of parents/grandparents while they are in Canada.
- The Canadian super visa is valid for a period of up to 10 years.
- Also, it allows multiple entries in the country. Not only this, but the parents/grandparents can stay for upto 2 years on the parents super visa.
- The parents’ super visa insurance will cover the visa holders for an amount of $100000 at least. This means that your medical expenses will be totally prepaid.
Eligibility Criteria for obtaining Super Visa Insurance for parents
The Canadian super visa holds many benefits no doubt. But, not everyone can get this visa. In fact, there are some strict eligibility conditions which needs to be met before applying. They are given as below.
- First of all, only the parents/grandparents of the Canadians of the permanent residents of Canada can get the super visa.
- Secondly, the parents or the grandparents applying for the super visa must have a parent’s super visa insurance. And this medical insurance should be issued by a private Canadian insurance company. And the super visa medical insurance should be valid for a period of at least one year. Further, it should cover the expenses of at least $100,000.
- When an applicant submits his/her super visa application, a proof of the super visa medical insurance is a mandatory document. So, make sure you get it ready beforehand.
- Furthermore, just having your kids settled in Canada is not enough. You need to have an invitation from them. And this invitation letter should mention clearly how many people are there in the house of the Canadian citizen. Also, their address should be mentioned.
- The government wants to know whether your kids/grandkids would be able to support you financially if needed. Hence, they may ask you to provide proper information about them.
Steps to Proceed Further once you are sure you meet Eligibility
Once you are sure that you meet all the eligibility criteria, you can apply for the Canadian super visa. However, this is not enough. You cannot be sure that you will not get the visa. So what are the further steps in the process?
- CIC (Citizenship and Immigration Canada) is the responsible body for your super visa. So, they will process your documents and see if they are authentic.
- Once CIC approves your application, it comes to the Visa officer. He can choose to have an interview with you.
- So, you will get a notification on the time and date as well as place of the interview. Make sure you present yourself at the mentioned place on the mentioned date and time.
- In some cases, they might ask you to undergo a medical exam too.
Once you clear the medical exam, you will get your super visa. A good thing about the Canadian super visa is that even if they reject your application, they send you a letter of explanation. So you can retry it with better preparation next time.
Minimum Income required to obtain Super Visa
|Size of Family Unit||Minimum necessary income|
|1 person (the sponsor)||$22,229|
|More than 7 persons, for each additional person, add||$5,989|
If you are interested in the Super Visa program,either as a Canadian citizen or permanent resident or as an international parent or grandparent, please take note of the eligibility requirements above and send a detailed email to firstname.lastname@example.org or check instant price and compare rates on Super Visa Insurance.